Dakota14

New Job Idea! - PD/SD Dispatcher

My suggestion for this would be simple, having a new job in the LEO branch being an actual person as the 911 dispatcher. I'm not exactly sure how this would be done, though it could be ran as a separate faction that shares 911 calls with PD/SD/MD and basically informs / coordinates response to certain calls. It would also allow for the use of a non-emergency hotline, 311, for example. I believe this job should have similar restrictions for felons to LSC, though a bit stricter with maybe a month - month and a half. Though that is more an IC regulation, I believe that would be fair as a way to allow felons an opportunity to work with gov. As well, I believe that this job would allow for better roleplay, especially in regards to non-emergency hotlines and creating a more realistic RP environment. IMO, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that LEO factions have an automatic dispatch like how it is right now. It would definitely be learning curve and have some issues here and there. I'm sure we could overcome those issues though and find ways to improve the system. 

This will certainly take time, though I believe it would greatly enhance RP especially between civs and LEO/MD. Of course, feel free to include any suggestions or anything else you that you might think will add to this suggestion!

• Like 1

With all due respect, given that people with a singular felony on their record are banned from applying for even a ridealong with PD/SD, granting them such a powerful role of the dispatcher would be against any In character policy. But yeah, having a dispatcher with a livemap and all that would be great as a concept.

Here's the negative tho, Imagine we have a 911 call and we have to rely on someone that is not part of PD/SD to forward the call to PD or SD, inform PD or SD about the callers details and locations, inform them about the situation and dispatch a unit there? You are 5 minutes late already non emergency or not. So that will kill our responce times.

In general this suggestion should be for the faction leaders and managment to consider of a new divison that of the dispatcher where a sworn member(s) can take that role.

Edited by GR_Seb

On 9/26/2022 at 7:59 AM, Dakota14 said:

My suggestion for this would be simple, having a new job in the LEO branch being an actual person as the 911 dispatcher. I'm not exactly sure how this would be done, though it could be ran as a separate faction that shares 911 calls with PD/SD/MD and basically informs / coordinates response to certain calls. It would also allow for the use of a non-emergency hotline, 311, for example. I believe this job should have similar restrictions for felons to LSC, though a bit stricter with maybe a month - month and a half. Though that is more an IC regulation, I believe that would be fair as a way to allow felons an opportunity to work with gov. As well, I believe that this job would allow for better roleplay, especially in regards to non-emergency hotlines and creating a more realistic RP environment. IMO, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that LEO factions have an automatic dispatch like how it is right now. It would definitely be learning curve and have some issues here and there. I'm sure we could overcome those issues though and find ways to improve the system. 

This will certainly take time, though I believe it would greatly enhance RP especially between civs and LEO/MD. Of course, feel free to include any suggestions or anything else you that you might think will add to this suggestion!

I am pretty sure that before the Sheriff's Department Faction was created, the Los Santos Police Department used to have people certify as dispatchers. The project didn't really work as planned. Now supervisors receive the same kind of training and are responsible for supervising, managing and dispatching units.
I hope the 311 hotline will be added soon for non-emergency situations.