kris giggs

Peter_Chen ID 50, Ruben_Zhao 14 DM and NRP

Player(s) being reported: ID 50, 14
Date of interaction reported: 18/9/2022
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1663510017

Your character name: Kris Davis
Other player(s) involved: Thyrone Williams, John Reggal

Specific rule(s) broken:

Deathmatching is the act of attacking a player without proper IC motive and interaction. Prior interaction should include escalation such as a robbery or a report to the police. 

Non-Roleplay behavior is considered as actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay. It's difficult to interpret or understand what good roleplay can be sometimes, and we aim to steer players in the direction we want them to go through our server rules. Players are welcome to speak to staff for guidance in regard to roleplay. Some examples (not exhaustive) of Non-RP:

• Asking to be killed or forcing your own death.

How did the player break the rule(s)?

I was told that people were sitting at our property with them claiming it was their HQ, so we weren't sure if they were just baiting a fight or what they exactly wanted. They told some of my allies to leave a property that they were trespassing on, in a turf owned by my gang so we wanted to interact and figure out what their problem was.

Deandre was supposed to go to the rec center (the area of the shootout which we own) and talk to them and we would enter the apartments and make sure that they do not turn hostile, however, as soon as we went inside the complex they shot us on sight - no demands, no interaction, no reason. Some of us even own houses there, I find it extremely silly to just shoot like that.

I do not believe there was any escalation between our groups to warrant KOS of this nature and the fact that they were on our legal property asking people to leave adds onto the fact they merely wanted a fight, and that was an easy excuse to get one. I believe that their actions of setting up an ambush in enemy turf, on a legally owned property - asking people that are driving by to leave could have only led to a shootout of this sort (without proper, realistic escalation). I would also beg the question of what the reason of the group being there in the first place is. It would be comparable to us going to Little Seoul claiming it was ours and shooting anyone that would come to interact with us.

Evidence of rule breach:

https://streamable.com/iytfyb

Edited by kris giggs

ID 50.

As per the guidelines:
''All videos and screenshots may not be edited or tampered with in any way.''

With the amount of reports you've made, I expect you to know how to do one properly at least.
Twenty seconds POV again, missing the entire context.. or a longer POV is gonna show your members logging in so you can pull on us, one of which is your leader.

Didn't DM anyone, there was prior escalation and you rushed in with guns out while the rest of your group rushed other location where my allies were.
You stated in your report that there was no prior interaction to the shooting and then go onto saying "they were on our legal property asking people to leave" is a bit odd.
It's also odd that you did not mention the fact that you threatened us saying ''Wait here, I'll be back'' when we said we're not gonna leave. And you come back strapped with your entire gang.
We were sat at the Rec centre as it is our second HQ, the only reason we don't own it is because one of your members brought it straight after we said we wanted it. Saying its our HQ when not owning it is not a rule breach, the same thing can be said with your HQ as you do not "own" grove street. The reason you were shot upon entering the apartments was because you all pushed the area in 2-3 stacked vehicles with guns out, which in my opinion is a very hostile move, and I don't think anyone would just sit there and watch you, as you run at them with guns drawn as it would be very silly.

The burden to provide proof to justify your actions lies on you, not me. You were asked to save your POV so there should not be any issues with your providing video evidence about what you wrote, which within it of itself is not sufficient.

Server rules:

Players must be able to explain their reason and provide proof of prior reasoning if requested.

If you tell me asking someone to leave is good enough of a reason to kill them on sight next time you see them - then I'm unsure what prior escalation you are talking about, you might've as well given me demands and shot me right after on top. I find your remarks about 'the amount of reports you've made' to be very inappropriate and I see them negatively impacting this complaint and the OOC standing of the community.

Edited by kris giggs

Pending Response
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

After reviewing this report and the evidence provided, we have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. We would like to receive a response from the following player(s) to explain their side of the story:

• Peter_Chen  (50) [Notified in game] - Can you please explain why in the evidence provided you can be seen firing from the rooftop at the reporting party and his affiliates? Do you believe you had proper escalation to begin firing? Can you please explain any prior escalation you may have with the reporting party? Can you please provide the details of any interactions you may have had with the reporting party prior to the scenario seen in the footage? Please provide your side of the story and any evidence you may have.  
  • Ruben_Zhao  (14) [Notified in game]  - Can you please explain why in the evidence provided you can be seen firing from the rooftop at the reporting party and his affiliates? Do you believe you had proper escalation to begin firing? Can you please explain any prior escalation you may have with the reporting party? Can you please provide the details of any interactions you may have had with the reporting party prior to the scenario seen in the footage? Please provide your side of the story and any evidence you may have.   
  • Javonte_Bennett   [Notified in game]  - Can you please explain your involvement in the reported scenario? Can you please explain any prior escalation you may have with the reporting party? Can you please provide the details of any interactions you may have had with the reporting party prior to the scenario seen in the footage? Please provide your side of the story and any evidence you may have.   
  • Felix_Zhang  [Notified in game]  - Can you please explain your involvement in the reported scenario? Can you please explain any prior escalation you may have with the reporting party? Can you please provide the details of any interactions you may have had with the reporting party prior to the scenario seen in the footage? Please provide your side of the story and any evidence you may have.   
  • Kris_Davis  @kris giggs (36) [Notified in game]  - Can you please explain why in the evidence provided you can be seen running into the courtyard with your weapon drawn?  Can you please provide extended footage of the scenario? 

If the requested player(s) do not respond within 24 hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,
Chunder, EnkoY & pixiejewels

Stormy123.png.275a2a0c864e0f06c916e467e66b2f96.png

Greetings, Felix Zhang here.

We were just sat at rec centre chilling when a GBK guy pulls up on his bike and comes over and starts talking to us, we tell him to leave and he responds by saying ''Wait here, I'll be back", I took this as a threat and so did everyone else at the rec centre so we decided to set up on to roofs just in case they decided to pull up with more members and try forcefully remove us from the area, I still don't really understand why they decided to come over and start with us as we were literally just sat in our cars but anyway after waiting around 5 minutes someone called out on the radio that there were a few blacked out cars heading our way from grove, we waited a second and they all rolled into the car park of the rec centre, after waiting a second to decide what the plan was, we heard on freq "shots shots shots" we also heard them, so we started fighting the GBK members around the rec centre as they all had guns drawn. Unfortunately, I was not told to "save Pov" so I only clipped the actual fight + me running from the police as with medal you can only upload a clip of 2 mins, so I wanted to get the best parts of it in that 2-minute clip.

POV of the fight - https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/BnsOkYQUIp-KF/d1337d4kQUTs?invite=cr-MSxKcTcsMzYwMjQxMjks

Hello, This is Ruben Zhao ID 14

I would first like to thank Admins for handling this report

Let me start off by saying that the conflict between us and GBK has been going on for a while. We have 2 spots that we use to hang out and chill(HQ). 1 of them being Rec center. I didnt know that rec center is your turf since i only see you guys at Grove street. We saw one of your guys driving around. and we told him to leave.
After saying that one of your members replied with we will be back later. We decided to take spots and get ready if something happened. Some of us saw you guys logging in, One of those guys was your leader Deandre King which was kind off weird.
But anyway. We saw 3 of your cars pulling up with fifties and heavies. We saw you enter the building that we were staying on with guns drawn. We saw you had guns out and one of you had a heavy. Which is a clear
sign that you didn't want to only talk to us but also shoot us. I think all of you guys pulling up to rec center with guns when we have clearly had beef for the past week or two was a good idea. In my opinion you pulling up to our hq
with 3 cars and guns drawn out was really hostile toward my safety and my friends. I would also like to add that the full POV was not shown. We cannot prove that you came to our HQ wanting to talk. You all pulled up with guns drawn, but are saying that you wanted to talk to us

Here is my POV: https://streamable.com/akfxjl

Edited by Travisss

Javonte Bennett here

I was told on the radio to go and chill at rec center by my HC, once i got there i saw one GBK on a BF-400 talking to our members and as far as i remember we were never hostile towards him however he told us to leave which we refused and he replied  "Wait here, I'll be back" which we all took it as a threat, so i got on the roof like everyone else not knowing what's gonna happen, i was on the roof across from the rec center (roof with the billboard), you can hear me shooting with SMG on the roof with the billboard on it across from rec center at this exact timestamp provided by the POV down below:

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/BnsOkYQUIp-KF/d1337d4kQUTs?invite=cr-MSxKcTcsMzYwMjQxMjks

timestamp of me shooting with SMG: 38 1663510310
this shows that i waited for things to escalate and i only shot with proper reasoning to protect an ally
i was never asked to save POV

Edited by Its EpiC

I apologize for the late reply. I do not have extended footage of the scenario sadly, and I personally believe it is not necessary as it is evident, and you can easily deduce from the footage we were shot on sight with no prior escalation - with the reported party claiming their reason for shooting us is a quote "Wait here, I'll be back" which within of itself is insufficient, let alone the lack of evidence to back it - they are obligated to provide photo or video evidence to justify their escalation, while they on the other hand make things up along the way. We entered the courtyard with the intention to secure it as a vantage point, and have the other car, the Dubsta as visible in the video, enter the recreational center and interact with the group there to potentially speak to them, but that quickly fell apart as we were shot on sight in the courtyard and a shootout erupted.

Edited by kris giggs

Since the reporting party fails to provide full unedited POV as stated in the guidelines, below I'll show very similar interaction between our gangs and how they came to ''potentially speak with us'', except that the only words said here were ''Time to leave.'' And when we didn't leave, they pulled up and started a shoot-out even though cops were driving around the area constantly.
https://streamable.com/v126c8
https://streamable.com/j2zdb8

I am certain they wanted to do the same thing in this situation that's being reported here but failed, guess we will never know as nobody of them has any POV that's longer than 10 seconds. 

21 minutes ago, Barny said:

Since the reporting party fails to provide full unedited POV as stated in the guidelines, below I'll show very similar interaction between our gangs and how they came to ''potentially speak with us'', except that the only words said here were ''Time to leave.'' And when we didn't leave, they pulled up and started a shoot-out even though cops were driving around the area constantly.
https://streamable.com/v126c8
https://streamable.com/j2zdb8

I am certain they wanted to do the same thing in this situation that's being reported here but failed, guess we will never know as nobody of them has any POV that's longer than 10 seconds. 

Hello Barny! The administrator is reviewing this situation in particular and your videos have no bearing toward it - maybe provide evidence to substantiate your claims for this complaint as to why you shot us on sight. I also thank you for sending this in as you can quite literally hear someone saying 'I am shooting' as soon as we exit our vehicles - and someone contradicting them, asking, 'Why are you shooting?' knowing your group had no right to shoot us on sight, or upon us exiting our vehicles without any proper escalation, or demands being given at the time.

The guy saying ''I am shooting'' is on his bike driving away when you guys are pulling on us, he is in fact not shooting when he's saying it. And the person who's asking ''Why are you shooting?'' is not there, so it's normal to ask what's happening and why. Yet again you come at us pulling weapons out and blame it on us about the escalation, I am glad the ruleplay over roleplay is clearly seen here. Won't respond any further untill asked by staff.

REPORT DENIED

―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

After our deliberations, we’ve concluded that this report will be denied for the following reason(s):

• Insufficient evidence of the accused rulebreak. 

In the evidence provided, we see the reporter run into a set of flats with the rest of his gang with weapons drawn. They then begin to get shot at.

To begin with there is no evidence in the footage of any NRP actions occurring or those or where there is evidence that someone is “Asking to be killed or forcing your own death.”
The NRP rule states: “Non-Roleplay behavior is considered as actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay. It's difficult to interpret or understand what good roleplay can be sometimes, and we aim to steer players in the direction we want them to go through our server rules.”

As far as the deathmatching is concerned, there was not enough evidence provided showing a lack of escalation prior to the shoot out.  The clip that was initially provided by the reporting party did not include the prior altercations had between the involved groups.  Also, there were gun shots heard at the very beginning of the clip but we cannot determine which group fired those initial shots as none of the video evidence captures more than just the sound of gun fire.  In the initial clip the reporting party and his friends ran into the area with guns drawn as if anticipating a gun fight.  That being said, kill on sight is never an acceptable option whether guns were drawn or not.  Unfortunately, there is just not enough evidence to determine that the escalation between the two parties prior to shots being fired was not sufficient.  

This decision is final. Unless instructed to, if you post another player report pertaining to this incident, you may be muted from posting on the forums for a temporary period. If you disagree with the outcome of this report, please file an appeal following the appeal guidelines and format.

Regards,

Moderator Chunder, EnkoY & pixiejewels