Dan

KM/H? Why though?

I don't know why there is so much hate torwards this guy, i completely agree with him. What he's saying isn't just change it from KM/H to MP/H, he's saying that the speed limit is 65 km/h which is wrong, the limit is normally is 65 mp/h = 104 km/h, so when you are driving with 80 km/h it's not speeding, it's speeding after 104 km/h. I don't know how else to explain it to you guys, you seem to not really understand and that's sad. Also when people talk about cars and for example say how fast is it from 0-60 we always talk about mp/h, not km/h. I'm greek and in greece it's also km/h but i agree that it should be mp/h. Wake up guys.

I don't know why there is so much hate torwards this guy, i completely agree with him. What he's saying isn't just change it from KM/H to MP/H, he's saying that the speed limit is 65 km/h which is wrong, the limit is normally is 65 mp/h = 104 km/h, so when you are driving with 80 km/h it's not speeding, it's speeding after 104 km/h. I don't know how else to explain it to you guys, you seem to not really understand and that's sad. Also when people talk about cars and for example say how fast is it from 0-60 we always talk about mp/h, not km/h. I'm greek and in greece it's also km/h but i agree that it should be mp/h. Wake up guys.

Go back to sleep guy. No one cares about "0-60", its not about "0-60"...

Go back to sleep guy. No one cares about "0-60", its not about "0-60"...

You clearily ignored everything i said except that part, not sure if anyone on this server knows english and is actually able to read what me and Dan is trying to say.

Although you make a sensible argument, nowhere did the founder of this post mention anything the way you have said it. Go and read all his replies till now. You are just trying to build up his case.

As far as 65=104 goes, we can reduce 65 to 43 so 43mph=70kmph.

And people talk about 0-60 in your country, fine, but that's not relevant in this game, is it?

You clearily ignored everything i said except that part, not sure if anyone on this server knows english and is actually able to read what me and Dan is trying to say.

Sorry I only understand Km/h (So i don't understand English) - Fyi you make a good arguement but still most people here prefer Km/h - Dan has zero chance of winning this, he can't explain crap other than that he is British and wants "miles per hour"

Edited by Guest

Although you make a sensible argument, nowhere did the founder of this post mention anything the way you have said it. Go and read all his replies till now. You are just trying to build up his case.

As far as 65=104 goes, we can reduce 65 to 43 so 43mph=70kmph.

And people talk about 0-60 in your country, fine, but that's not relevant in this game, is it?

Look what he posted..and what he's saying on ''Edit:'' ...he's saying that from 65 km/h speed limit should be 65 mp/h speed limit..so why go ahead and read his replies when he already mentioned it in the very start? and i did actually read his replies so...

Sorry I only understand Km/h (So i don't understand English) - Fyi you make a good arguement but still most people here prefer Km/h - Dan has zero chance of winning this, he can't explain crap other than that he is British and wants "miles per hour"

Yeah, imo i don't care if it stays KM/H or MP/H, i care about the laws, the law says 65 km/h, when it should be 65 mp/h instead..so like 104 km/h in town. Not 65 km/h. If you still don't understand what i'm trying to say i will go ahead and stop replying cause it's pointless. Don't you dare go more than 70 km/h in real life inside a city tho...right?

Yeah, imo i don't care if it stays KM/H or MP/H, i care about the laws, the law says 65 km/h, when it should be 65 mp/h instead..so like 104 km/h in town. Not 65 km/h. If you still don't understand what i'm trying to say i will go ahead and stop replying cause it's pointless. Don't you dare go more than 70 km/h in real life inside a city tho...right?

Well I would say that law, that we have in server now (70km/h in the city and 130km/h in the highway) is ridiculous. If here would be 500-1000 players, then it would be ok, but now, I'm cab driver, my customer is 5km from me and keeping spamming /taxi, if I would drive to him at 70km/h, it would take a lot of time, especially when streets are empty, I met one truck driver on the road, that's all, there is nobody on the half ot the town, but I still must drive so slow, also the same in the highways.

Look what he posted..and what he's saying on ''Edit:'' ...he's saying that from 65 km/h speed limit should be 65 mp/h speed limit..so why go ahead and read his replies when he already mentioned it in the very start? and i did actually read his replies so...

He said "the laws are kmph when they should in FACT be in mph."

Any person with a rational mind would understand that he means to convert it from one unit of measurement to another and when you do that, the number will obviously change, which means 70kmph becomes 43mph.

Now if you want to change the argument completely, just for the sake of arguing, saying that he meant 70kmph to 70mph, well then be it. We can't have people driving at 112kmph (70mph) in the city. Maybe increasing speed limit from 70kmph to say 90kmph can work. Now you calculate what that turns out in mph for you.

He said "the laws are kmph when they should in FACT be in mph."

Any person with a rational mind would understand that he means to convert it from one unit of measurement to another and when you do that, the number will obviously change, which means 70kmph becomes 43mph.

Now if you want to change the argument completely, just for the sake of arguing, saying that he meant 70kmph to 70mph, well then be it. We can't have people driving at 112kmph (70mph) in the city. Maybe increasing speed limit from 70kmph to say 90kmph can work. Now you calculate what that turns out in mph for you.

So in a videogame 70mph is ''insane speed'' when roads are almost empty, but in real life 70mph is fine with roads being full....that TOTALLY makes sense..I'm done arguing.

Well I would say that law, that we have in server now (70km/h in the city and 130km/h in the highway) is ridiculous. If here would be 500-1000 players, then it would be ok, but now, I'm cab driver, my customer is 5km from me and keeping spamming /taxi, if I would drive to him at 70km/h, it would take a lot of time, especially when streets are empty, I met one truck driver on the road, that's all, there is nobody on the half ot the town, but I still must drive so slow, also the same in the highways.

Even if you have 500 players, streets would still be empty. They are meant for the dense traffic of single player gta v. You would need thousands of players to fill all the streets of the map with cars.

As far as the taxi job is concerned, you have the passenger's name, just PM him telling your distance and ETA. Phone system doesn't exist so using PMs for the same shudn't be an issue. Also, I have suggested something here. Maybe you should check it out.

So in a videogame 70mph is ''insane speed'' when roads are almost empty, but in real life 70mph is fine with roads being full....that TOTALLY makes sense..I'm done arguing.

1. This entire suggestion was about converting units, not changing the current speed limits. Stop diverting the topic.

2. Since this suggestion was based on "Realism", check out the actual speed limits of California (for LA). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_the_United_States#Speed_limits

Where exactly did you see people driving at 70mph within the city legally in real life?

Where exactly did you see people driving at 70mph within the city legally in real life?

Lul that's true..

And I will repeat what others said.... KM/H or gtfo

Why even make such a big deal about it? You can switch between them anyways. Makes both parties happy. If one command is too hard for you to type then I am really sorry for you. Person that made this thread just gave me aids.

I'm British so it's easier for me to work in Miles per hour.

Fucking ayyy, you must be the most important player on the server, because if something doesn't fit you it must be changed and you will find any reason you can to back it up.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 2

Fucking ayyy, you must be the most important player on the server, because if something doesn't fit you it must be changed and you will find any reason you can to back it up.

LOL, going by Dan's logic, I am sure he's having issues with driving on the right side. they drive on the left in the UK. Should we change that too Sir?

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 2