Hotpockets008

Rules against Sexual Harassment

There was an issue like this in the past with a different gang and the admins took action on that, so it's not as if the admins ignore this kind of thing, despite what some of you are saying. Directly contacting senior and head admins and showing them evidence would almost certainly lead to results. People have been banned for this sort of thing in the past. 

The whole reason why I created this post wasn't only because that I wanted to protect my friend, but also to show to every one that I believe broader rules should be in place to punish people who seek to exploit some one oocly. ICly if your rping some one that's sexually harassing your character, call the cops. Its IC and it stays IC through RP. But when its taken OOCly and that person who you rp with joins your discord, and starts rudely messaging you oocly on discord, and sending you foul pictures without your concent, and you have evidence of this. That's the point i'm trying to make. To shed light on this, and hope that the Admins can make it apart of the harassment rules, and punish those who exploit women oocly on Eclipse. 

Though ultimately its up to the victim to decide where to draw the line, and block that person. But still it should be punishable that it was done to them through Eclipse on discord.

Edited by Hotpockets008

2 hours ago, Ryumdar said:

It's not about one case, it's about ALL of them, too many thirsty Incels out there that ake a kind word and some RP to mean "oo I can be with them IRL" an then harass once they get a no

IC should stay IC, and when some one is harassing some one oocly and thinks that they have the right to continue to foul them oocly when they are refused, and proceed to do it. They should be punished for what they did, and banned.

Since the very beginning of chat programs, ignoring features have been added. Unless you specifically allow it, people can not even message you on discord without being friends, or in the same server as you.

I think the responsibility falls on each and every person, to choose who they start conversations with, rather than Eclipse to police personal conversations. If it happens in-game, it's on Eclipse, if it happens out of the game, it's on you to block/ignore/reject the person.

Edited by alexalex303

As a girl, I'd like to elaborate on the topic. I think it's very important that we have this discussion, and I'm glad it's been brought up.

99% of the people I meet in game are nice. Sure, some are a bit more impressed than others that they're talking to a girl, but most really don't care. The "you're cute, give me your name" remarks I get usually stays IC. It's the 1% that takes it to /o, asking for my Snapchat, telling me I have a nice butt in /o (that video earlier is me! I'm surprised to see it pop up), pm'ing me hearts and compliments,.. They're a minority. Yes, a minority that crosses a lot of bounds, but a minority nontheless.

Being a girl doesn't mean that you're the only gender who can get harassed. Let it be known that this also goes for the men here. Never ever should you feel annoyed or terrified seeing a name pop up, because of the things they have said or done to you. If you stop feeling safe, reach out to those you love. We can find a solution together.

As for the rulebook having loopholes.. We can't document everything in it. If we only state Discord, they'll ask for your Kik. If someone really wants to send you inappropriate things, they'll always find a way to do so. I've encountered these people too. I've been harassed though PM's, /o and Discord. I've been threathened to be doxed. I've had people add me on Facebook, for goodness sake. Never ever did I give out any of this info. My only suggestion here is that you keep your information private, as we live in a time where personal information is shared like a pack of gums. I was a bit too free with my personal information too when I was a teenager, and I had to learn these lessons the hard way. Be smarter than me (and a lot of other teens), and keep your real name and location to a close circle. Share your Snapchat, Facebook, Whatsapp,.. Only with people you trust. Saying "No" because you feel unsafe is not a bad thing to do. Saying no to someone you don't fully trust should be normal. If said person fully freaks out about it, you can safely say you dodged a bullet.

If you ever encounter anything like this, be you male or female: go to a staff member you trust. Shame is a powerful weapon these people wield against you. They trick you into thinking you can't go to anyone with your stories. Don't give in to it. So many abusive people use this trick to scare their victims into thinking nobody will ever believe them. Trust me on this, I can promise you that on my life. I'm sure, no matter who you are, you have a handful of great friends who will listen to you, and back you up with advice, love and care. If you feel threathened, speak up. Go to Ballin, as he has helped several other cases like this before. If it gets too real, go to your close friends or parents. They'll gladly support you through the mess this other person is getting you into. And if it gets too real, reach out to your local authorities. Cyber crime, such as doxing or harassment, is not something people take lightly anymore. If you feel unsafe, for no matter what reason, please reach out.

Don't fight fire with fire. It's easy to corrupt your thinking, and do the same to a predator like this. Don't give in to the cycle of hate. In the time that you spend scheming and cooking up a revenge plan, you could have been helping your friend. And trust me, they'll need every bit of love and support they can get in this time.

If you ever need anything, even if you don't know me, reach out to me. Reach out to your friends. Reach out to love. We're here for you, during ànd after this kind of harassment.

No man or woman should ever take away your enjoyable experience on a server, or in life. Don't let them. Say no, block where possible and stay in close touch with friends. Don't let them isolate you. You're worth so much more than what they want you to believe.

• Like 12

48 minutes ago, ElisabethC said:

As a girl, I'd like to elaborate on the topic. I think it's very important that we have this discussion, and I'm glad it's been brought up.

99% of the people I meet in game are nice. Sure, some are a bit more impressed than others that they're talking to a girl, but most really don't care. The "you're cute, give me your name" remarks I get usually stays IC. It's the 1% that takes it to /o, asking for my Snapchat, telling me I have a nice butt in /o (that video earlier is me! I'm surprised to see it pop up), pm'ing me hearts and compliments,.. They're a minority. Yes, a minority that crosses a lot of bounds, but a minority nontheless.

Being a girl doesn't mean that you're the only gender who can get harassed. Let it be known that this also goes for the men here. Never ever should you feel annoyed or terrified seeing a name pop up, because of the things they have said or done to you. If you stop feeling safe, reach out to those you love. We can find a solution together.

As for the rulebook having loopholes.. We can't document everything in it. If we only state Discord, they'll ask for your Kik. If someone really wants to send you inappropriate things, they'll always find a way to do so. I've encountered these people too. I've been harassed though PM's, /o and Discord. I've been threathened to be doxed. I've had people add me on Facebook, for goodness sake. Never ever did I give out any of this info. My only suggestion here is that you keep your information private, as we live in a time where personal information is shared like a pack of gums. I was a bit too free with my personal information too when I was a teenager, and I had to learn these lessons the hard way. Be smarter than me (and a lot of other teens), and keep your real name and location to a close circle. Share your Snapchat, Facebook, Whatsapp,.. Only with people you trust. Saying "No" because you feel unsafe is not a bad thing to do. Saying no to someone you don't fully trust should be normal. If said person fully freaks out about it, you can safely say you dodged a bullet.

If you ever encounter anything like this, be you male or female: go to a staff member you trust. Shame is a powerful weapon these people wield against you. They trick you into thinking you can't go to anyone with your stories. Don't give in to it. So many abusive people use this trick to scare their victims into thinking nobody will ever believe them. Trust me on this, I can promise you that on my life. I'm sure, no matter who you are, you have a handful of great friends who will listen to you, and back you up with advice, love and care. If you feel threathened, speak up. Go to Ballin, as he has helped several other cases like this before. If it gets too real, go to your close friends or parents. They'll gladly support you through the mess this other person is getting you into. And if it gets too real, reach out to your local authorities. Cyber crime, such as doxing or harassment, is not something people take lightly anymore. If you feel unsafe, for no matter what reason, please reach out.

Don't fight fire with fire. It's easy to corrupt your thinking, and do the same to a predator like this. Don't give in to the cycle of hate. In the time that you spend scheming and cooking up a revenge plan, you could have been helping your friend. And trust me, they'll need every bit of love and support they can get in this time.

If you ever need anything, even if you don't know me, reach out to me. Reach out to your friends. Reach out to love. We're here for you, during ànd after this kind of harassment.

No man or woman should ever take away your enjoyable experience on a server, or in life. Don't let them. Say no, block where possible and stay in close touch with friends. Don't let them isolate you. You're worth so much more than what they want you to believe.

Well fucking said.

@Ryumdar My opinion? Best course of action right now is to send the evidence and chat logs to the admins again. This has gotten enough attention now that nobody can ignore it without looking a prick. Ballin specifically said that he hasn't seen them, maybe they didn't reach his eyes, which is understandable. Let's cool it down a little bit, I know it's a fucked up topic to even talk about, but let's gather our thoughts and work together on this. We all know who the culprit is, we know who the victim of this is and the best thing we can do is to work with the admins side by side and deal with this appropriately. What I would do if I was in an administrative position would be to outright ban the person, no warning and no chance for a ban appeal. Send them to @BallinByNature and let's deal with this, yeah?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.