Hotpockets008

Rules against Sexual Harassment

Just this recent week the Three Bolters has disbanded because a member of the gang shared nudes without consent over Discord to another member. Yet the person who did this was not punished. Yet its possible to get banned from the server for insulting some one OOCly. I believe, and hope that the Eclipse Staff can some how create a new rule to add with the Harassment Rule. Sexual Harassment either through OOC means, or through Discord groups linked to Eclipse in some form. With evidence showing it happen, should be dealt with by giving the person committing the sexual harassment a permanent Ban.  

I hope that this rule can some how be implemented to prevent online sexual predators who will use this server to exploit women. 

Though its every ones responsibility to control who you interact with. Please be careful who you decide to associate with through discord or some means outside the game, as the internet is full of fucked up sexual predators that will do what ever they can to exploit women. 

Though its a parents responsibility to control what their child sees. I know there are people who could be underaged who rp on this server, and who will rp on this server as it grows. It'd be good to have a rule to prevent predators using Eclipse to exploit underaged people.

Thankyou for reading this.

Edited by Hotpockets008
  • Like 14

+1 It should be clear that sexually harassing someone OOC should result in a temp ban / perma (depending on how serious) as its harassment and makes people (especially females) to not want to play. You need consent IC to do anything sexual, yet no clear rule written against it in OOC. 

Harassment Rules
4.1.1 It is prohibited to leak personal information of another person or to make such threats. An attempt to break this
rule will result in an immediate permanent ban.
4.1.2 It is prohibited to intimidate players from playing on the server or to continuously harass them in the game for
OOC reasons to purposely make their game experience miserable.

According to the rules, unless it happens multiple times, then it isnt breaking any rules. 

Edited by Shannon
  • Upvote 2

Something that makes the RP more immersive on this server is VOIP. Which in and of itself used in communications can allow predators or people seeking to exploit women the opportunity to do so because they know the person is a woman. They will purposely go out of their way to figure out some way to find loop holes and communicate with them outside the game either through mostly Discord or some other platform similar. I hope a rule could be implemented to prevent this from happening in OOC terms. Predators on the internet will do what ever they can to get what they want, and its possible that if they succeed the law could get involved, and get the server in trouble if it was linked. Like if the predator finds out where the person lives, and something happens.

VOIP is a dead give away for predators to discern women, and exploit them. This isn't a strictly text based RP server, and RP is mostly done through text, and VOIP on Eclipse. This opens the door for predators to take advantage.

Edited by Hotpockets008

3 hours ago, Ryumdar said:

The admins have logs of someone saying No on discord THREE times an then still get harassed an given a dick pic, they wont ban they guy just told me "didn't happen IG so doesn't matter" so how many children play this game?   Yeah think they ne4d to fix that shit

Just because it didn't happen in game, A member of our Club which in and of itself is linked to the Eclipse Server committed the action. Even if it didn't happen in game its still linked to Eclipse as the predator is still on the server.

• Like 2

+100. Anyone who agrees to do anything sexual in any sort of way, without the other person agreeing with it, should be instantly permantly banned. It makes it a horrible experience for women to play on this server and boy do we need women on this server for better roleplay. 

Example of my experience so far: 

I mean the admins are really not strict on this. These little sexual frustrated boys needs some taming. 

• Like 2

@HiVe_Zoloft please thank the person who allowed you to post that. Clearly shown IN GAME, sexual harassment. As one of the few women on the server who is actually known to be a woman out of character. and one of two female officers in the Three Bolters MC I was there when the event mentioned by the original poster happened. I had panicked calls from my boyfriend who wanted my logs with the person immediately. He combed through them for evidence of foul play. It's ridiculous that I as a woman have to fear any male that i add to my discord. It's ridiculous that I feel like i have to have my boyfriend vet all the males. The eclipse admins have a duty to protect their player base, whether free to play, VIP, admin or normal person. I feel like they failed in not punishing this person.

Also +1 on this post.

Edited by "Sugah"
  • Like 5

fdfdfd.PNG.4e4c424df9d885709166b34d096c3021.PNG

Community Security should extend beyond just on the server, as people have discord communites formed to keep each other informed as to keep in touch. This in and of itself could allow predators to exploit some one who they know in game who is a woman, through Discord and harass them through discord, and sexually exploit them. As the current rules are made there is no punishment against this, and there should be if people can get banned for making ooc threats, and harass oocly. It should be bannable to sexually harass oocly.

fgfg.PNG.32d2c201df90bce4f0fa240454531ad2.PNG

Though it wasn't on the server or through roleplay. A member of Eclipse who we invited into our discord, sexually harassed another member of Eclipse through Discord, and sent nudes without consent. With evidence proven and shown. This should be bannable to prevent predators from continueing to do this, and to keep sexual predators off the server. Cause they'll just keep coming, and playing as different characters.

Edited by Hotpockets008
  • Like 3

Eclipse needs to be a lot more strict when it comes to these kind of situations and people.
some people are clearly not here to role play, in fact they just are ruining others experiences through their behavior .
when it comes to this kind of situations no warning and permanent ban would do the job instantly specially OOC stuff. let this be a start for them to realize how to behave around different people.

+1

• Like 2

Please feel free to PM me the evidence you have of harassment of players. It's obviously not tolerated, however, it is also the duty of any person to explain that they do not want to be contacted OOCly if someone makes them feel uncomfortable. I personally have not seen any of the evidence mentioned above, but would like to if its true. If a person is told not to contact you OOCly, and continues to do so using Eclipse platforms, we will obviously take action against that person.

1 minute ago, BallinByNature said:

Please feel free to PM me the evidence you have of harassment of players. It's obviously not tolerated, however, it is also the duty of any person to explain that they do not want to be contacted OOCly if someone makes them feel uncomfortable. I personally have not seen any of the evidence mentioned above, but would like to if its true. If a person is told not to contact you OOCly, and continues to do so using Eclipse platforms, we will obviously take action against that person.

Translation: We don't care because we might not be liable, please carry on harassing others as long as you take them out of our survice first, please give us VIP kthxbye

2 minutes ago, Ryumdar said:

Translation: We don't care because we might not be liable, please carry on harassing others as long as you take them out of our survice first, please give us VIP kthxbye

So if someone claims you sexually harassed them we should ban you without asking for evidence of it? All I am saying is if what you say really happened, then please feel free to show me so I can act on it.

I do not have any such evidence, as I said, please feel free to share it with me.

There seems to be a disconnect in what you evidence you believe you reported and the evidence that was actually given, as the content you're suggesting does not appear in the evidence I have, which is why I am asking you to re-share any evidence you think I should have to review the situation.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.