2cannnn1

Stranger 8907_9281 PBAJ - Admin Abuse / Metagaming

Player(s) being reported: Stranger 8907_9281

Date of rule breach: 11/6/2018

Time of rule breach: 9PM  EST

Your characters name: Xavier Defante

Other players involved: Mask 9060_9816

Specific rule broken:

Admin Abuse - To find out what our names were behind our mask's. 

How did the player break the rule?: Switches to admin mod as soon as we are finished robbing her to see our names.

Evidence of rule breach:

Edited by 2cannnn1

@2cannnn1

As far as I'm concerned there is no breach here. The Admin could have been dealing with a separate Administrative issue. Unless you have done something that was incorrect in your RP then you would not need to worry about it.

True, I kinda doubt that, didn't feel that vibe, especially with the 'Come here' she said at the end, made it seem more like she was trying to stall to meta some of her friends, than she realized we were just gonna leave and had no idea who we were, so she went into admin to quickly check who we were.

If thats what you think tho, still not good to do that infront of players, in an active RP situation..js 

Im just making this report so it never happens again. EITHER WAY.

Hi there,

Thank you for submitting your report. However after an investigation there was no abuse of powers.

The only issue with this video is the slight metagame at the end of the video between yourselves. 

Report denied, locked and moved.

@BallinByNature @2cannnn1

Without being crude and remaining professional I am going to state that this report is absolutely invalid. 

If you look back into the chat logs you will see that directly after the situation this person pm'd me saying something along the lines of "I hope you didn't just go admin so that you can MG our names" to which I stated something on the lines of, "no I went admin because you did not even so much as RP taking my things at all. There was no rp- no /me no /do...and I wanted to say that you guys set the standard and whereas I do not care if you robbed me, I do feel that you could have done it better"

There was no actual delay, as you will notice also via logs- that i had literally JUST logged into the game.

@ImChazaa

@Lee Ermey

If you do not want to look into the conversation, I do suggest maybe speaking to the cops who rolled up afterward.  Vera had a conversation something along the lines of

Vera- "officer, I was just robbed" 

Cop- "do you know who it was?" 

Vera- "no"

cop- "what kind car? cloths?" 

Vera- "I don't know, i was too scared to pay attention- I think he had a skull mask". 

Further more- to this moment I STILL do not know nor care for these peoples names.

Not to mention "telling my friends" or even reacting at all much more than telling the cops- wouldn't be very effective as this character is a professional and has bigger fish to fry than caring that her cloths and knife were taken. 

All in all this report is a lie & absolutely ridiculous. I take this server and the RP on this server seriously.  I take this community seriously.  All that know me, know that above being admin I am a player and would never use my "powers" to go against any other player.

• Like 2

I can vouch for the above statement. I rolled up to this character after losing visual on a warranted suspect as she was on the side of the road and my partner said that he new her. On my Officer account I had no idea as to who "Vera Winchester" was and asked her what she was doing by herself, randomly in the middle of the road and if she had seen a passing car, in relation to the description of the one that we had just lost visual of. However, she was not concerned about that and we were quick to learn that she had been robbed. We asked her for a description of the vehicle, any names or clothing and she kept replying with "I don't know" and she seemed flustered (ICly of course). Then when my Cadet asked her what masks they were wearing, she told us that they were wearing skull masks. There was no communication between myself and Vera Winchester and I wasn't even aware that, that was who it was until my Cadet told me it was the CEO of Weazel News. From our perspective, she did not break any rules whatsoever and her case seems very legit. You can also see both of the players that are reporting her, in their own video evidence talking in a discord call.

Thanks and I hope that this helps!

• Like 3

I am the Cadet he is speaking of, what my partner is saying is correct and the conversation Vera quoted is correct. We tried to gather information of the suspects but she didnt seem to know what were they driving or wearing so we couldnt do much at that situation. Only rulebreak I see is the metagaming in the discord here between the people doing this report.

• Like 1

We never got stopped after the incident or anything by the admin, I msg'd her that quickly so that she knew that if she was to do anything with our names it would be meta, and I had it on video. I bet if I didn't this would be a totally different report, and who knows, ICly we might of been caught or wanted..etc Maybe I should of let it play out and kept recording. But, I wanted to end it there so I wouldn't waste any time or anything. Im sure after this report / close call she's gonna be the best there ever is.

@2cannnn1

With a person of moral value, I wouldn't have done that regardless of you messaged me or not...I saw the cops DIRECTLY after you drove away as they were looking for a suspect (stated above). This report was brought to my attention hours later. It would have played out exactly the same. This is not a close call. I know right from wrong and have been on the server for over a year. I'm unsure what your intent is and truly wish that you still had the rest of that video and chat. 

6 minutes ago, 2cannnn1 said:

We never got stopped after the incident or anything by the admin, I msg'd her that quickly so that she knew that if she was to do anything with our names it would be meta, and I had it on video. I bet if I didn't this would be a totally different report, and who knows, ICly we might of been caught or wanted..etc Maybe I should of let it play out and kept recording. But, I wanted to end it there so I wouldn't waste any time or anything. Im sure after this report / close call she's gonna be the best there ever is.

I dont see why would you be worried and the need to remind her to not meta since she is a ADMIN she knows and enforces the rules in the server. She has been doing it for a long time. So idk why you are so worried about it. All I see is someone trying to witch hunt admins. 

• Like 1

@2cannnn1

Defensive reaction aside, i do understand where you are coming from.

I could have gone about that differently and it would have been more effective for both of us. For that i apologize.

If you ever need help with anything i hope you know that you are still free to reach at anytime. I will be more than willing to answer any questions or concerns you have.

Sincerely,

To wrap up this report, no action will be taken.

To begin, the moderator does not need to go in to admin duty mode to discover names of players masks / names if they truly desired to do so, so I am confident that was not the purpose of her going into admin duty.

Spoke with PBAJ we discussed that if she wanted to give advice about role play quality like was her goal, that she should do it via PM as a peer as opposed to as an admin since no rules were being broken at that moment in time & doing so after the situation concluded not before the getaway was finished rather than stopping or pausing the RP which is what should happen when an admin transforms or appears. 

Thanks for the report, though no rules were broken, the situation could be avoided / improved by a different approach.