Make sure you join our Discord server https://discord.gg/7UhB9YT

stormy69

[REJECTED] Stranger 3058_569 (7.1.1 Fear RP)

Player(s) being reported: Stranger 3058_569
Date of rule breach: November 3rd, 2018
Time of rule breach: Around 10pm EST

Your characters name: William_Michael
Other players involved: N/A

Specific rule broken:

7.1.1 Fear roleplay is the concept of roleplaying fear for your character’s life in situations where your safety is in immediate danger when the attacker is in a position to quickly end your life at will. This can come in a form of having a weapon aimed at your character’s head at close range, where reaching for your own weapon would result in you being killed instantly, or where your life is in direct danger and any attempt to resist would result in your immediate death.

How did the player break the rule?: I had a weapon drawn onto him and he jumped over the railing into the water.

Evidence of rule breach: https://streamable.com/x7kmw

Hello and thank you for making this report.

Andrew_Lekner (Stranger 3058_569) will have twenty-four (24) hours to respond with their side of the story.

-Flucifial

ICly I keep a watch over my shoulder as my character has been robbed twice at the pier before that incident as I fish, I noticed him not when he said to put his hands up but as he was still on the approach from the walk down from the direction he approached and still had space while walking with the gun drawn. I quickly stopped the fishing animation and already committed to the jump before he said to put my hands up on my end. Due to the fact that he was still on the approach rather than holding the gun to my head, and ICly my character making the determination to jump the pier and even practicing that act before this robbery attempt I thought I was still within my rights to jump as the gun was not to the back of his head yet, meaning he still had the maneuver space to run, and/or escape. 

Thank you for your response, @Lekner!

When you were told to put your hands up, you had already started the jumping act and had no way of stopping it. In other words, you had not yet been given any demands which gives you a valid reason to jump into the water. 

Fear Roleplay has not been broken in this situation.

Report Rejected/Archived

-Flucifial