Make sure you join our Discord server https://discord.gg/7UhB9YT

MattyHaveck

Support The Legalization of Marijuana in Los Santos

SIGN BELOW IN SUPPORT OF LEGALIZING MARIJUANA

Isn't it about time that we put an end to the criminalizing of Marijuana users in this great city. After being WRONGFULLY accused by the LSPD for a robbery at a convenience store, I was searched on the spot and after discovering marijuana for my own personal use, I was taken into custody (While the real criminals were able to escape) Let's get enough signatures to get this matter in front of the mayor and show that we cannot let a corrupt system continue. 

b60faee5cfb9a28a82c4646736bc19c5.jpg

All the goal is at this point is not to not be arrested for having some weed on you, I am not talking about growing and distribution that is a much longer/harder topic. 

To my knowledge possession marijuana is not itself explicitly illegal, it is considered a controlled substance, not an illegal drug. 

The reason most people get arrested when they're in possession of marijuana is because they also have a gun on them or in their car, and it is illegal to be in possession of a controlled substance while armed, just as it is illegal to drive under the influence. Another reason is that they have too much marijuana on them, as 20g is enough to charge you with intent to sell and 50g is enough to charge you with intent to traffic. 

Hello,

Currently, there are not laws regarding specific drugs, they are all just considered controlled substances. For this reason, the laws on marijuana are very unknown and confusing to most citizens. At this moment in time, it is up to officer discretion as far as marijuana goes. As another person above stated that most people get arrested for having marijuana while armed, however, the fact that people go to jail for having over a certain amount of grams is false. There is no maximum amount of marijuana you can have on you at once, it is all officer discretion. 

I, Matthew Permuy, do in-fact support the legalization and decriminalization of marijuana use and growth, however, I do also support an amendment to the penal code for all drugs. I think each drug should have it's own charge and penalty, as some drugs are worse than others. 

I can tell you for a fact that the only time I will ever arrest you for having marijuana on you is either you are being uncooperative with me, if you're carrying an unlicensed firearm, or if you have a large amount on you. I have no set amount I will charge you for, but if I believe you are a repeat offender or possibly need help with an addiction, I may charge you so that you may seek the appropriate help for your problem(s).

Kind Regards,
Police Officer I Matthew Permuy
Los Santos Police Department

On 10/19/2018 at 2:31 PM, Flucifial said:

Hello,

Currently, there are not laws regarding specific drugs, they are all just considered controlled substances. For this reason, the laws on marijuana are very unknown and confusing to most citizens. At this moment in time, it is up to officer discretion as far as marijuana goes. As another person above stated that most people get arrested for having marijuana while armed, however, the fact that people go to jail for having over a certain amount of grams is false. There is no maximum amount of marijuana you can have on you at once, it is all officer discretion. 

I, Matthew Permuy, do in-fact support the legalization and decriminalization of marijuana use and growth, however, I do also support an amendment to the penal code for all drugs. I think each drug should have it's own charge and penalty, as some drugs are worse than others. 

I can tell you for a fact that the only time I will ever arrest you for having marijuana on you is either you are being uncooperative with me, if you're carrying an unlicensed firearm, or if you have a large amount on you. I have no set amount I will charge you for, but if I believe you are a repeat offender or possibly need help with an addiction, I may charge you so that you may seek the appropriate help for your problem(s).

Kind Regards,
Police Officer I Matthew Permuy
Los Santos Police Department

Oh so marijuana is just a tool for you to use against the citizens to enforce your power? All police officers should be enforcing the same law at all times. You're telling me that I may or may not be arrested for marijuana by an officer depending on which officer I come across and how they may feel about me at the time? Bullshit! That's fucking fascist. And it's not how the law should be conducted.

I have nothing but respect for the men and women of the LSPD but I cannot side with this position.

Edited by robsome97
  • Upvote 1

On 11/3/2018 at 3:46 PM, robsome97 said:

Oh so marijuana is just a tool for you to use against the citizens to enforce your power? All police officers should be enforcing the same law at all times. You're telling me that I may or may not be arrested for marijuana by an officer depending on which officer I come across and how they may feel about me at the time? Bullshit! That's fucking fascist. And it's not how the law should be conducted.

I have nothing but respect for the men and women of the LSPD but I cannot side with this position.

As a member of LSPD, I agree fully. As Flucifial mentioned, I'd like to see a specific charge added for individual substances. Furthermore, I'd like to see no related charges added for marijuana, adding my +1 support for this thread.