SmushyTaco

Add Drops For PD And SD

PD and SD getting their equipment at no cost makes complete sense since they're funded through taxation but realistically I think that they'd have to get shipments from somewhere (Maybe Fort Zancudo could be one of many locations) to get all the body armor and guns they have.

I think that PD and SD should have to get a certain amount of successfully secured drops every week (maybe 3 drops a week would be a good number) that would be ordered by their faction's high command in order to keep getting all the benefits they get.

It shouldn't be through an NPC, it should have its own UI only high command has access to that lets them order drops and select the location.

Scriptly anybody but on-duty LEOs should be able to open the crates the drops come in. The objective for LEOs would be to take the drop to Mission Row or the Sheriff's Department. Once the drop is there and dropped off inside the crate would be deleted and counter of required weekly drops that have been completed would increase by one.

There would be no NPCs to talk to, to comp a LEO drop. You would have to get creative to find the time and location of the drop. If you successfully comp a LEO drop you'll be able to open the crate and get the loot. The loot would be randomized (could have some .50s, could have some heavies, could have some body armor, etc).

Since LEO drops can't get comped through an NPC like criminal drops and since PD and SD would have a lot of time to plan the pick up of drops, they would be extremely hard to comp (high risk, high reward).

I think this would be beneficial for the community as it would bring more interactions between LEOs and criminals.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1
  • NAY 2

I feel like maybe a bigger gap maybe, something like every 2-3 weeks? but with a bigger payout obviously. Typically in say a real world department, guns, ammo, handcuffs, body armor is ordered in large large batches. Although this is a cool idea and kind of like the event years back with the plane crashing with carbines in it. 

+1 

• Like 1

There are already transports that are organized when SD/PD/DOC receive new equipment or vehicles, things of that nature.

Whilst I certainly wouldn't mind convoys and transports of this nature, where equipment is being picked up from LSIA, Ft. Zancudo or Sandy airstrip, on a more regular basis to roleplay restocking of such equipment, I am not sure a system that even remotely resembles that of drops is fitting for it, personally.

I am not sure what "interaction between LEOs and criminals" that is beneficial for the community you are specifically thinking of, but it sounds like the whole purpose of this would be to provide an opportunity for criminals to engage in a King of the hill like shootout, with the winning party obtaining assets?

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, DoTo said:

There are already transports that are organized when SD/PD/DOC receive new equipment or vehicles, things of that nature.

Whilst I certainly wouldn't mind convoys and transports of this nature, where equipment is being picked up from LSIA, Ft. Zancudo or Sandy airstrip, on a more regular basis to roleplay restocking of such equipment, I am not sure a system that even remotely resembles that of drops is fitting for it, personally.

I am not sure what "interaction between LEOs and criminals" that is beneficial for the community you are specifically thinking of, but it sounds like the whole purpose of this would be to provide an opportunity for criminals to engage in a King of the hill like shootout, with the winning party obtaining assets?

Well these drops would very likely be organized with countless units with lots of body armor, heavy weapons, and riot grade vehicles to protect the shipment. With that said, while it could possibly lead to a shootout, the likelihood of it going in the criminals' favor is slim, there would definitely be alternative routes to go down such as taking a hostage and going through negotiations. Since there'd be no NPCs to comp the drop and since the drop would be heavily guarded, criminals wouldn't even have a lot of time to prepare in most instances making a shootout less desirable (one could argue that forcing a shootout depending on the circumstances, could be a breach of FearRP so I don't really think it would become the defacto option). For criminals to actually be successful they'd have to be very creative. Trying to get into a shootout would most likely end with lots of jail time, fines, and the loss of all the weaponry used at the shootout.

It's meant to give criminals the opportunity to get some loot but it's also meant to be extremely hard to be successful (it'd be harder to pull this off than a bank robbery and would have more player interactions).

Edited by SmushyTaco

It's a cool idea and as someone from PD I wouldn't mind the risk of it but I would have to go with -1.

This would potentially require a decent amount of developer work which most of the server will not see any benefit from or be able to interact with. It also means time taken away from other things.

Also the chance of criminals successfully pulling off an attack on PD/SD is slim to none which would end up with the system being pointless.

-1 honestly just too much work that is literally going to be another scenario where there is no RP but will end up in a shootout. I don't mean to be rude but there is no RP or fun unless you want to just pvp, time can be better spent elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, Thommy said:

Please stop thinking of suggestions that do not make sense just to nerf PD. PD gets free guns, that's how it works. Accept it.

My suggestion isn't trying to stop them from getting free guns, this comment is unnecessary, stop trying to start senseless arguments 🙂