DeanThompson

Report vehicles stolen

-1. Stolen vehicles doesn't really last for being "stolen". Carjackers just drive towards the chopshop and just chopshop it. So getting it flagged after selling it on chopshop would just spam LSPD with so much unnecessary car stolen flags. And also once you retrieve and it and it's still flagged, well you'll get pulled over for it.

If it's possible after flagging it and it got chopshopped or despawned, the flag will be remove from LSPD database. This will avoid spamming LSPD with too much flags of car stolen.

7 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I would support this suggestion only if the 'stolen flag' will be removed after chopshopping the vehicle like @HighJack mentioned above.

I dont see why it wouldnt be removed as a chopped car is literally being taken apart and stripped usually so yeee. But if it made to be in the MDC they can make a tab of stolen vehicles. And then when you run a plate it can be flagged or not is how I think the best way to go about it is.

2 minutes ago, Cooksley said:

I dont see why it wouldnt be removed as a chopped car is literally being taken apart and stripped usually so yeee. But if it made to be in the MDC they can make a tab of stolen vehicles. And then when you run a plate it can be flagged or not is how I think the best way to go about it is.

yeah, MDC checks would be nice.

I do think this is possible and should happen for the better of the community. So if there car does get stolen and impounded due to being illegally parked it's up to them to report it so they dont have to pay a fee. But we also got to think about that people also should have the ability to remove their car from the stolen cars list as well.

• Like 1

+1. I'm currently discouraged to report a stolen vehicle. 911 call seems inappropriate and telling police officers directly will usually get a "there's nothing we can do" response. 

This would be good to avoid getting unjust fines (impound, parking etc) and allow the MDC scanner to identify stolen cars.

Have to agree with some of the comments left above about removing the stolen flag once the vehicle is back in the owner's possession. Triggers for this would include the owner getting in the vehicle, vehicle is in Mors or the vehicle is parked (garage or home).

2 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

+1. I'm currently discouraged to report a stolen vehicle. 911 call seems inappropriate and telling police officers directly will usually get a "there's nothing we can do" response. 

This would be good to avoid getting unjust fines (impound, parking etc) and allow the MDC scanner to identify stolen cars.

Have to agree with some of the comments left above about removing the stolen flag once the vehicle is back in the owner's possession. Triggers for this would include the owner getting in the vehicle, vehicle is in Mors or the vehicle is parked (garage or home).

Yes you just thought of the solution so people cant abuse it give yourself a pat on the back. The reset if they get in the car is so they cant abuse it but only if you report it at PD will that allow people not able to abuse it. I mean there is still some ways but why go through all that work lol.

14 hours ago, DISCO said:

Police is way overpowered recently having so much tools and neverending resources. Leave it to an old "911 call, message, search" system.

The server updates took a lot from criminals already.

Hardly think this is an overpowering tool - For a cop to check if a car is stolen they'd actually have to run the plate first

2 hours ago, Cooksley said:

Yes you just thought of the solution so people cant abuse it give yourself a pat on the back. The reset if they get in the car is so they cant abuse it but only if you report it at PD will that allow people not able to abuse it. I mean there is still some ways but why go through all that work lol.

Yes there's a potential loop hole - Falsely reporting a vehicle stolen so you can claim innocence is a common trick IRL. This is a tactic that could be used ICly. The fun part for the cops is trying to gather evidence on a person who is doing that and with the right investigative skills they could catch someone out making false reports.

I don't think there should be any OOC prohibition on this.

10 hours ago, DeanThompson said:

Hardly think this is an overpowering tool - For a cop to check if a car is stolen they'd actually have to run the plate first

theres been million times where officers couldn't even see the plates physically from so far away, but they still using MDC to check the owner of the car, which leads to unrealistic RP, that is why I am against it.

Edited by DISCO

On 10/2/2018 at 5:31 AM, HighJack said:

-1. Stolen vehicles doesn't really last for being "stolen". Carjackers just drive towards the chopshop and just chopshop it. So getting it flagged after selling it on chopshop would just spam LSPD with so much unnecessary car stolen flags. And also once you retrieve and it and it's still flagged, well you'll get pulled over for it.

If it's possible after flagging it and it got chopshopped or despawned, the flag will be remove from LSPD database. This will avoid spamming LSPD with too much flags of car stolen.

But are they able to find the chopshop, as it's hard to find in different locations?

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:30 PM, DISCO said:

theres been million times where officers couldn't even see the plates physically from so far away, but they still using MDC to check the owner of the car, which leads to unrealistic RP, that is why I am against it.

I can read license plates from further distance IRL than I can in-game due to graphics and third-person.  MDC also does not have a large range by any means, maybe 2-3 car lengths.  If ya can't read a plate from 2-3 car lengths away, you have poor vision.  Sorry.

On 10/2/2018 at 10:30 PM, DISCO said:

Some traffic enforcement cops have cameras on every side of there vehicles, especially here in America. Which makes more work for them because the vehicle is automatically checking for infractions from the passing cars. 

The technology we live in today is insane, I don't see unrealistic RP here. 

To Piggy back on this subject more. 

This isn't an overpowering tool at all. This isn't powergaming. Don't you think a camera can pick up text alot easier than a face. Yet we have phones that can remember and read faces. You use filters on instagram, snapchat. Again you'd think reading a simple license plate would be easier than picking up somebody face. 

Edited by Squid420

6 hours ago, DISCO said:

I was mentioning the times when you literally couldnt spot a plate visually

I would recommend recording one of these "millions of times" then.  Unless you're being ticketed for illegal parking or such and your plate is against the wall, I highly doubt there are situations where the cams wouldn't grab a plate even once during an encounter.  That being said, if I'm wrong and this has happened.. If you desire to improve the RP you are given, make a report on it instead of complaining somewhere that will have no effect and further frustrate you.  We do actually care about the quality of RP we provide, which is the entire reason IA exists on both an IC and OOC level.

That gripe itself really doesn't have a leg to stand on as far as denying this suggestion.  A BOLO-only system for reporting stolen vehicles, especially with how many are stolen, is extremely inefficient.  911 Calls for stolen vehicles also aren't always logged due to sometimes incomplete information and the time it would take away from currently active calls to call the person for additional information.  Not to mention memorizing 16 different BOLOs.  As a result, frustration is more common than anything from the inevitable misunderstandings that arise.

Edited by Taedolf

well with the amounts paid for chopshops it doesnt even worth to steal cars, since its low reward - high risk anyways.\

I just said - if cops would fix their problems showed before in multiple, or atleast do something about it rather than just ignoring it, I wouldnt mind this system appearing in their RP. Now I am against any buffs for PD, when they would suppose to be the ones, who would show a high RP standarts no matter what.

I am not against the suggestion, I am against the things they are overusing to win every situation.

@taedolf I know there is IA report system, but it takes years them to solve and even after that they dont change their attitude on roleplaying fairly and correctly. Nobody wants to go for report wars because it leads to nothing, but it also leads to nothing when PD doesn't do anything too.

Here is the clip of typical PD member overusing a panic button while injured. Ignore all other facts in that clip, since I am not the owner of that clip nor I do associate with them. https://plays.tv/video/5bd6479db26d30d2d0/cop-btw

I am just saying that I don't want PD to overuse things, when they already have too much in their equipment which kills the server anyways.

That was my point for -1 on this suggestion.

Edited by DISCO

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.