Shannon

More Parking Options and Lots

+1

I honestly think that there should be added in a player owned parking garage system.
Allow players to park their car in the parking lot, but script in gates, so the cars cant just be stolen.
I think it would add a lot if vehicles were actually visible at the parking lots, it would definitely add to the immersion of an active city.

Maybe add some scripted gates so people cant just hijack your car and drive away?

1 minute ago, Xoza said:

I'd love to see idle or prop vehicles around the city as well, however that would likely increase load on the server and clients.

either that or it would end up clearing out the NZO for vehicles 
But player owned garages would be nice. Let the players set the prices.

13 hours ago, Xoza said:

I'd love to see idle or prop vehicles around the city as well, however that would likely increase load on the server and clients.

This.  Tons of vehicles in one location, even not being driven, can do some wonky stuff to the client.  I remember when PD parking was an absolute mess and we had a few situations where admins sent vehicles to Mors because it was preventing people from loading in.

On topic though, we should probably have some more parking lot locations yes.  I don't think it'll un-crowd the NCZs though, that's just from people being lazy.

Edited by Taedolf

+1 for me.

I actually did find an admin mark with the text: "A second /park maybe for the people who live inside this area?"
https://gyazo.com/5a2eb6f9456db8e1c215cd0824fee905
I don't think the location where I found this marker is a suited location as it belongs to a house.

I would love to see some public parkinglots. Maybe parkinglots with prices based on the location or the kind of area it is located in. But it should be areas that are open and public, so not ones that are attached to houses (as where I found the marker).
Here an example maybe of what I think what should be good (please only pay attention to the location): Afbeeldingsresultaat voor GTA parking lots
And then maybe make it $450 to park here as its in the city, but not as close to some important things as the already exsisting parkinglot.

Edited by Yputi
  • Like 1

According to the picture I attached, there are a TON of parking areas and garages. Obviously activating them all in some form is excessive. I've seen, 4-5 of these lots though that seem to only be dedicated parking "24 hr parking" with a booth and not attached to a specific business. These make the most sense to activate. This would also help reduce situations around the one parking area we have and provide parking in more ideal locations.

55 minutes ago, JassemBenRayana said:

You should definitely add /park to park your vehicle, I mean just to save its current position and when you rejoin the server you find it there,

and /vstorage to store your vehicle (remove it from the map) and re-store it (add it the map again).

Doesn't  work like that if you leave your car with out parking it, Its gonna get stolen, But their is a parking lot near MD and PD use it by /park $500 to park it.

Edited by DDevastatedTV

With the huge influx of new players and crazy amount of vehicles in NCZs, plus impounds giving PD more work and increasing vehicle return times, this still needs to be supported and implemented.

Even if a person still has only two parking lot spots across the whole map, everyone should be able to park vehicles in more than one location.

I would like to propose another parking lot where you can store your cars like the one by the Police station, While driving around I saw this empty parking lot by the bank and it seems like a great idea for another parking lot, I feel like this will minimize the amount of cars that are just parked outside of the bank. Adding this extra parking lot saves the hassle of driving all the way to the parking lot in the middle of the map if you're coming from the upper portion of the map

parking location.png

parking lot gta 5.jpg

• Like 1

+1  Don't like the location, but definitely think we need more. 

Especially with the housing the way it is, maybe if houses were cheaper I can see making parking lots a dangerous option...but we don't have many choices if we are poor and don't have housing. It's really lame people just sit at the parking lot robbing people. 

• Upvote 1