All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Character or Account name(s): Dre Rivas Admin who issued the decision: Frey Date of decision: March 28, 2023 Decision received: 1 Day Ban Reason given for decision: Shooting another player without any valid escalation Your explanation of what happened: I was up north running through labs because I was desperate for plants to cook with, when I get a call on radio about 4 people circling one of our members while he is cooking at the lab near LFB. When I got there, I felt they had shown enough intent to want to do something about it, and so I gave demands. In the moment, it felt like he had been stopped long enough, and he was also reversing while looking at my gun still pointed at him. So I felt my demands were clear and valid so I shot. Why should your appeal be accepted?: I firmly believe that what I did was not DM. The member at the lab was named Paco, and he had been getting circled for literally almost 4 minutes. The reporting players car was at a full stop, he saw my shotgun, heard my demands, he also backed up still in view of my shotgun. So I felt I had more than enough reason to shoot him. I'm not sure what he was expecting to happen when he's visibly radioing and planning an attack, I just got it started faster than he wanted it to. A drug lab should always be treated as hostile territory, to just be able to circle with no care and try and rule play the lab does not make any sense. I am not appealing to get rid of this 24 hour ban, I simply do not want my first DM punishment to be this, as I have a very clean record. Post any evidence or further details: To also clarify, I give a callout on our numbers in this clip right after using the /fmembers command. I had already known how many were on freq. Kon, the person asking for our number count, had asked it while i was typing it in the command list. That's why I didnt give him a direct number but I knew we had more than 5 on freq, but also less than what the F menu said. I was really not trying to use it as a form of metagaming, the timing was just very bad in this clip but I wouldn't be showing this if I wasn't confident in my answer. I was just checking who was online and possibly not on the freq.
  3. Dear Weazel, I have submitted my application for a position within Weazel News Network, I can't wait to learn all I can about the entertainment industry under the wise guidance of Weazel News! Yours Sincerely, Jacoby Sanders P.S. I have a few audio & cartoon advertisements I've made in the past that I'd love to share if it helps in consideration: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tce9dCyG-HBsA_B1UY5nnQfObkS5H2rh/view?usp=sharing
  4. Simply in my point of view she was very far away from me and wasn't even pointing the gun at me. Based on FRP rules and situations I have seen and reported I felt running away was fine and was preserving my like more. I also told this to Lucy in PM's after the situation.
  5. To: [email protected] From: [email protected] Dear Weazel News Recruitment, Please find enclosed my application submission for a position within Weazel News, I believe I have the qualities you are looking for in an employee and I look forward to your response. Yours Sincerely, Marv Munchskins
  6. Today
  7. Hi there, Liam Cinco (32) here. This just simply started when I hit the reporting party because of desync I even said on /b that it was a desync. Then the reporting party called me a retard which I find offensive because I didn't do anything wrong or something that would get me called a retard. The reason I said this is I got offended and I didn't control my emotion which is very childish for my part, I'd like to apologize to the reporting party as well. And to be clear I had no intention of ramming him with a city bee as stated above it was desync and I informed him in /b.
  8. I'm Sorry i cant agree with this. also the timing is really currious as theres currently a live thread up for p much the same suggestion in it.
  9. know that rply if you point a gun at someone and then go to type the RP is paused until you stop typing. i know this. alot of other people dont seem to. but really the biggest reason i would like to see this implemented is so i can still type (i.e "talk") while holding up a store/bank
  10. Hello, I have completed the recruitment application. Thank you for your consideration. - Willy Noff 2955596
  11. Address: 3 North Archer Ave Send offers to: 4446348
  12. Application Submission Hello [email protected], I am writing to you in regard to the application I just submitted. I believe I have the qualities for this job, and the ability to learn any duties assigned to me during training. I will wait patiently, and can not wait to receive a response from you. Regards John Menetti
  13. I saw another suggestion about a similar thing about the laptops Here and thought i would make a suggestion also. Currently as far as i am aware the laptop has really limited script functionality which is used by LEO's for looking at CCTV footage, however when trying to look at the footage as a civilian it tells you you need an encryption key to view the CCTV. So why not add a way for Civilians / Criminals to hack the CCTV to bypass the Encryption key in order to view and modify the CCTV footage allowing them to do things such as temporarily disable the CCTV instead of having to cut the wire, there could also be a way to corrupt footage so when a LEO comes to look at footage from a crime scene they would not be able to. As the other suggestion metioned there already is hacking scripts implemented in GTA and GTA:O making it easier. The laptop also has a "browse web" button but from asking around and asking an admin this feature currently does nothing but that could be false as many people didnt even know about the laptop.
  14. The root of all Criminal Roleplay problems (In my opinion) can be summed up by one fact- Criminal Roleplay and progression are tied directly to money, which is inflated to a point where criminals will do anything and everything to gain the money they need to progress their characters the way they see fit. That's why even if you wiped PD and got away, You ultimately barely broke even, as the cost of ammunition is not disregarded. This could be solved in 1 of 2 ways- A financial reset, setting everyone in the city's cash back to 0. Not likely to happen, it's an idea that has been tossed around I think. OR Creating a separate system of progression/money for use by criminals. The system would need to ICLY be some form of bitcoin or electronic currency. It would need its own App on the phone to track your balance and transfer BTC to others. It would need to be earnable by criminals for completing criminal activities -Give the player the option to redeem packed cash for BTC OR regular cash. Make the things that are insanely inflated by regular currency buyable/Importable with BTC, Thus gaining more control over criminal progression patterns on the server. This will take some tuning because it will require answers to questions like "How many hours of robbery should you need to do to get a pump shotgun with your BTC?" unlike cash, BTC will (should) inflate at a slower more predictable rate, as it won't have money printed into it passively. IE: you won't get 1,000 dollars worth of BTC just for existing the way you do cash. The BTC market could be done a bunch of different ways, but the most simple would be to allow BTC to be used as currency to order Cartel shipments, this way even if you've collected enough BTC to purchase something worthwhile, you'll still need the IC connections to spend it. It would need to be tradeable from player to player and need to be protected from robbery by the OOC rules. (Similar to how the money in your bank is safe from robbery) "But cars are a huge part of progression Dale, you can't ship cars through the Cartel!" Well if you meet a criminal that wants X20 shotguns worth of BTC MORE than a Paragon they have in their garage, you can make a person-to-person deal just like you would with cash now. But I have a feeling if you get ripped off the Police will struggle to investigate. I'm not an economist, so there are potential pitfalls here I'm not seeing, but I think this is an idea with batting around a bit.
  15. -1. All I'm hearing is- "Y'know how people sometimes start shit just to get DM rights on you for your gun? why don't we make it possible to do that to cops!?" the IRL "reward" for killing a cop is you get to attempt to escape the country and spend your life on the run. (In a best-case scenario) The root of all Criminal Roleplay problems (In my opinion) can be summed up by one fact- Criminal Roleplay and progression are tied directly to money, which is inflated to a point where criminals will do anything and everything to gain the money they need to progress their characters the way they see fit. That's why even if you wiped PD and got away, You ultimately barely broke even, as the cost of ammunition is not disregarded. This could be solved in 1 of 2 ways- A financial reset or setting everyone in the city's cash back to 0. (Not likely to happen, it's the idea has been tossed around I think.) Creating a separate system of progression/money for use by criminals. The system would need to ICLY be some form of bitcoin or electronic currency. It would need to be earnable by criminals for completing criminal activities (Give the player the option to redeem packed cash for BTC OR regular cash.), and the range of things buyable with BTC would need to be extremely diverse. (Guns Cars and Drugs) It would need to be tradeable from player to player and need to be protected from robbery from the OOC rules. (Similar to how the money in your bank is safe from robbery) Suggestions like this are symptomatic of a larger problem with the criminal roleplay experience, and won't be fixed by making killing cops "More rewarding"
  16. As someone who does LEO's and Crim, I do feel like tasers are a bit powerful and do kill roleplay a lot of the time, but at the same time they are very necessary when dealing with the general populace of crims, As someone said above the W mentality on this server runs rampant and is the main issue for a lot of problems in this server. From an LEO standpoint, I typically only tend to "spam" tase someone who's just being salty and refusing to RP. Unfortunately that tends to be way more then it should be on an RP server. I do feel like taking away the fact that people have to RP effects of a taser was a mistake. This now just results in salty cirms, or trolls just dragging out an arrest for as long as possible with little to no RP, just running and ignoring RP. At this point, there's VERY little to do from the LEO's side besides just keep tasing them. Unless they decide to become violent which results in guns. Some people will do this on purpose just to get shot and drag out the situation even more by forcing LEO's to take them to the hospital over and over until they feel they've annoyed LEO's enough, or die to get out of the charges. There's also the blatantly ignoring RP route, to which some LEO's will just force drag or carry them. However, this is still looked down upon and see a lot of LEO's refusing to do it cause they don't want to deal with the whining and report wars that typically come along with it. So the option left outside of these two situations is tase till compliance, or pretend to be super incompetent as a cop and the person gets away. If you're someone serious about your LEO career then the second option looks very bad on you. From a crim standpoint, as someone who does still RP the effects tasers (most of the time), It is really frustrating when I am simply trying to RP some resistance and some LEO that refuses to entertain anything outside of what they want can just pull out their taser and spam tase me until I comply. Realistically most people that get arrested as much as we do as crims on this server (in relation to real life of course as no ones gonna be arrested 100+ times) tend to go two ways. They're a career criminal who focuses on effectively keeping their charges as low as possible when caught, often refusing to talk at all and lawyering up to fight any charges they can, which as crims we don't get to do on this server. Then there's the other side where they fight tooth and nail until they somehow manage to get away, or tire themselves out. A lot LEO's don't tend to not like either side of this coin from my experience, most preferring to take their W, process you and move on as quickly as possible. Thus the spam tase comes whenever they can't do that while they progressively get more annoyed at you till they can throw you off to DOC or it turns OOC. Ultimately the problems stems from the W mentality on the server, however some changes to tasers I feel could make this a lot less of an issue and feel more fair on both sides. I like the Idea someone mentioned above that tasers should have to be reloaded after a certain number of shots. I also feel that they shouldn't have unlimited ammo. Like IRL LEO's should have to carry cartridges on them to reload the taser. This would make missing a taser shot actually mean something from the criminals point of view as they now have a chance to actually make some distance if a LEO misses their taser shots. On the other hand as mentioned above, tasers can work off the buff/debuff system where if you are hit with tasers, you lose stats OR wellness. Once your stats or wellness get too low you effectively become incapacitated, (essentially leaving you at the free will of the LEO's at that point). This could work like instead of the injured state, there's a new state of passing out where your character falls to the ground and your screen turns black (losing vision). I'm not a dev and by no means know how easy this would be to implement, however i've seen it done on other servers where it seems to work out pretty well in keeping the fun aspect on both sides.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.